Sunday 30 November 2014

Monthly favourites- November edition.

Hey guys!

This month I decided I wanted to use up a bit of the make up I just had lying around and try some new bits so of course I came across a couple of bits and bobs that I've decided are worthy to be shared as my monthly faves! My first favourite is a No.7 instant radiance foundation, admittedly I only recently purchased this so it is a bit of a cheat but since buying it I've fallen in love with it (maybe it's just a crush but at the moment in my books it is the dogs b******s) It gives me enough coverage without making me look heavy duty* ( *like I applied my foundation with a shovel). I'll give it a bit more testing but a review will be coming soon.

To accompany the no.7 foundation I have used the Burberry luminous fluid base in fresh glow nude radiance no.01. Originally I thought this was a primer but I have been told that it can be worn as a foundation, now for me the coverage is far too sheer but for those of you who have amazing skin this will be ideal! It gives a gorgeous subtle glow and mixed in with a foundation it makes an amazing finish. I love dewy foundations and this just adds a great touch. I have used it a couple of times with the no.7 foundation and I still think it works amazingly even though the no.7 foundation is dewy alone. I want to do a full review on this because it's a gorgeous product that should definitely get more hype.

Essence have recently become more available near me having a stand at Wilkinsons. The tube on this mascara is definitely what attracted me to buy it in the first place. Unlike other mascara's the packaging on this one is similar to a toothpaste tube so that you definitely get the most product for your money. It lengthens, volumises and darkens my lashes which is exactly what I look for in a mascara. The wand it bristles not plastic. This doesn't give me clumpy lashes but does give me a full lashes look but unbelievably natural. This has definitely been one of the top products I have tried this month and as soon as I run out I'm going to buy another.

Essentially my next favourite is brown eyeliner but the one I have been using is a limited edition Mac pear glide intense eyeliner in the shade 'Lord it up' from the Archie's girls collection. Collection, Gosh, Maybelline all do great brown eyeliners but this month I have been using this one and would say of you could get your hands on it somewhere then definitely give it a go. The formula glides on and is super smooth. It's a gorgeous warm brown that looks great with blue eyes. It is very comparable to the Urban Decay 24 hour glide on pencils, it lasts a good 6 hours+ and doesn't irritate my slightly sensitive eyes. My only fault on this eyeliner is sharpening it, I always end up wasting so much product. But if I ever run out I'd try and get hold of this one again.

A Bloggers favourite is next; the Bourjois delice de poudre duo- also known as the chocolate bronzer, Bourjois released this version which includes a highlighter. The bronzer is simply a great shade for lighter skin tones and would even be great on medium/ slightly darker skin tones. It isn't muddy, blends well and easy and doesn't break me out. I couldn't ask for anymore than that! But the highlighter is just as good, it's definitely not as amazing as some highlighters I own but it is good and gives a subtle but natural sheen. It's incredibly affordable and is much better than some high end bronzers that I have previously tried.

Another Essence product I have been enjoying is the XXXL long-lasting lipgloss in the shade 06 soft nude. Firstly I wouldn't describe this at a lipgloss but as something similar to the Bourjois velvet matte lipstick thing's. I would even go as far as to compare it to the famous Sephora version. I picked a nude colour because I've recently taken to the nude lip look but they do also have a bright red shade that I'll definitely have to pick up. The applicator isn't my favourite shape but then again it works. This shade is very Kylie Jenner/ 90's brown nude lip. The consistency is great and I'm loving wearing it for less vibrant more chilled out days.

The Maybelline jelly glow blushers were massively hyped by bloggers across the pond when they were released, not so much for their practicality but because they had an unusual texture, you can actually move the blush around in the pan without creating massive gauges or marks in the product. It is gimmicky but I like it. I actually found this one in T.K. Maxx and it has superb pigmentation. It's a great colour for my skin tone and ideal for transitioning into winter. It is a dusky dark pink. The colour stays on my cheeks all day and is easy to apply with my Real Techniques brush. If I see any other colours I'll be sure to pick them up.


I could go on about loads of products this month but I'll leave it there for today, I hope to upload a few reviews in the next couple of weeks so keep your eyes peeled!
Thank you for taking a look, hope you enjoyed it.
Cam xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment